Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sound: #26: Making (or listening to) Music Together

1. I checked out several networking sites. MySpace offers snippets of songs. I selected Maroon 5 and heard excerpts, found out concert dates. Mog required me to register plus provide them with account information. I did not want to provide that so got out of there. Imeem also provided excerpts of music. I listened to Sheryl Crowe's playlist and found this very unexciting. I am not someone who would actually share music.

2. I registered on JamStudio. I did not understand what I was suppose to do. I would select a key, an instrument and a style and get a tiny taste of music and was not sure what I was suppose to do after that.

3. I registered with Facebook and added the my music component. This was the most satisfying of all experiences. It was free. I created a playlist of Alicia Keyes, The Beatles and Amy Winehouse. I did not listen to anything because they experienced a heavy use and it was taking a long time to download anything. I will have to try later.

2 comments:

illectro said...

Did you register for imeem.com? I checked and Sherly Crowe and her tunes play full length, they're not exceprts, but it does ask you to login to listen to the full length tunes.

whitelabradors said...

I did not register. I was disgusted with this by the time I got to imeem.