Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wellness #42: Staying Well

1.I went to Symptom checker. Under adult I checked Eye discomfort & redness. This lead me to a series of triggers to check: I checked Tobacco smoke. Then there was a series of Accompanied by to check: sensitivity to light, stinging or burning sensation in eyes, watery eyes. This gave a list of possible causes. I know I have dry eyes which was included in this list. I found this very broad and covering all possible causes. It appears to be accurate but users really need to consult their doctors because you could start imagining all sorts of things wrong with you.

2. I went to the local Medline Plus. My daughter has a congenital condition called Dandy Walker syndrome. I went to services for health issues and diseases. Dandy Walker was not listed. I then looked up hydrocephalus (Dandy Walker is a type of hydrocephalus). I was directed to brain diseases. This listed 2 hospitals withing 10 miles of my zip code that offer services for brain diseases: Bayshore Medical Center, 4000 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX 77504 and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, 500 Medical Center Blvd., Webster, TX 77598. Medline plus health topics gives a general overview of brain diseases. It goes into basics, learn more, multimedia, research and reference shelf.

3. I created a family tree. This is useful to track cousins, aunts, uncles. If someone has health issues to research they are able to go research to see if whatever they have runs in their family. Here is the link: http://mail.google.com/mail/?hl=en&zx=1pujmmedd5563&shva=1#inbox/11c0b408b7b
bc13b.

No comments: