Monday, February 11, 2008

Sound: #24: The sound of music!

I found this exercise extremely confusing.

First I went to the for fee sites. Napster offered unlimited music for $12.95. To do anything I had to register for a free 7 day trial. I did not want to do that. I went over to Yahoo Music and tried to download Foxytunes. My computer would not let me. However, I was able to sample Rehab by Amy Winehouse -- to download would cost $0.89. This price was the same on Amazon.

Second I tried out the free sites. The free music site talks about Radiohead but does not give access to the music. I found one web site: yourfremusicdownload.com. I registered on this site. They made it extremely difficult because they insisted on signing up for a free sample of something and charge you for it. My registration is pending and I am unable to download at this time.

Third I went to Mix 96.5. They have a live stream so I was able to listen to the station at my pc. I have also been able to pick up stations in Barrow, Alaska and Honolulu Hawaii.

No comments: