Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recession Busters # 60: Food, Fun & Frugality

1. I watched Clara's video on the poor man's meal. She fried potatoes and onions together and added in hot dogs. My husband makes an adaption of that: broiling hot dogs and adding mashed potatoes to make hot dog boats.

2. Recession busters: on tv they are always talking about grouping errands together to drive less; eating out less or eating out at places that give deals; using different energy companies to save money on electricity; maintaining vehicles; recipes to make to feed your family.

3. Tips for saving money: I do try to group errands together to get everything done in one trip (husband does this too); I try to maintain my car; I try to remember to use coupons (I get coupons through the supermarket and through marketing companies and combine them to get things cheaper); I use the library (of course) but also go to half price books for things on sale; I unfortunately re-gift in the hope that someone else will appreciate what I do not.

No comments: